The Board of Directors of Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc (the Company) at a duly convened virtual meeting held on the 29th of July 2020, have approved the issuance of bonus shares to shareholders, among other resolutions.
Some of the ordinary resolutions which were duly passed include:
- The unaudited financial statements for the half-year ended 30 June 2020 is hereby approved.
- That the Directors be authorized to issue bonus shares of 677,500,000 ordinary shares of N0.50 kobo each amounting to a sum of N338,750,000, from its Retained Earnings in the sum of N405,951,229 as contained in its 31st December 2019 Audited Annual Report.
- That the Bonus Shares shall be distributed at the ratio of one (1) new share for every fifteen (15) shares currently held by Shareholders who are on the Register of Members as at 19th August 2020.
- That the above resolution is subject to the approval of the Regulator(s) and the shareholders at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of the Company.
- That the unaudited financial statements will be filed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange on 30 July 2020.
- That the Directors be empowered to execute and file all the requisite documents necessary to give effect to the above resolutions.