The world’s richest billionaire and the new Twitter owner Elon Musk has announced a slew of changes to the microblogging site in just a month of his takeover.
While he got rid of nearly 50 per cent of the company’s workforce, Musk at a meeting with employees last week stated that Twitter is now actively hiring for positions in engineering and sales.
Not only this, but Twitter’s monetisable daily active users (DAU) have also surpassed the quarter billion mark.
As he completes one month of his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Musk on Sunday gave a peek into his “slides from my Twitter company talk”.
According to the slides shared by the billionaire Twitter owner:
– Twitter is recruiting
– New user signups are at an all-time high (averaging over 2 million per day in last 7 days)
– User active minutes also at an all-time high (averaging nearly 8 billion user active minutes per day in last 7 days)
– mDAU (monetisable Daily Active Users) passes quarter billion mark
– Hate speech impression is lower
– Reported impersonation spiked, then fell (spiked before Twitter Blue launch and then in the wake of its launch on November 9-10).
Click the link below to see slides:
The Everything App
Further, the 51-year-old’s slides also unveiled some details about ‘The Everything App’. Under Twitter 2.0 – The Everything App, Musk plans to introduce advertising as entertainment, video sharing, longform tweets, encrypted DMs, relaunch of Blue Verified and also payments.