27.2 C
Lagos
Saturday, December 10, 2022

Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing

Must read

Listen now
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Governor of Anambra state, Professor Chukwuma Soludo has said alleged investment of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, in Anambra state government is worth next to thing.

Soludo made this assertion in an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today on Thursday.

When asked his perspective on government investing outside the public sector with reference to Obi as former governor in Anambra, Soludo simply said, “I don’t know about the investment.”

“Our interview is about the 2023 budget. I’m not talking about investments of any of my predecessors. By the way the one that you talked about I don’t know about that. I think there was something I read about somebody speculating about whatever investment. With what I’ve seen today, the value of those investments is worth next to nothing. So, let’s leave that aside,” he added.

Meanwhile, Soludo said more than 5,000 in the state will get their employment letter in few days.

He said, “We are handing out employment letter to more than 5, 000 teachers to end an era of schools without teachers.

“We are gloing to have 240 plus doctors and consultants to man our general hospitals, so if you look at the five fingers approach of our programmes we designed our budget to keep our eyes on the ball,” Soludo added.

Recall that no fewer than 6,000 out of 31,000 applicants who participated in the online recruitment examination for teachers in Anambra state scaled through.

Soludo had ordered for employment of both primary and secondary school teachers in the state school system barely two months after assumption of office to beef up teacher/students ratio in the state.

The state Commissioner for information, Mr Paul Nwosu said following the recent teachers’ Computer Based Test(CBT), a total of 6,250 candidates were shortlisted for oral interview for the teaching jobs across the state.

According to him, 3,250 would be deployed to primary schools, while 3,000 would be for secondary schools, adding that the oral interviews had been scheduled to commence on the 27th of July, 2022 and would last for two weeks,.

Nwosu said, “The interviews, which will come in batches, will hold at Igwebuike Grammar School Awka; St John of God Secondary School, Awka and Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board( ASUBEB) Awka.”

Meanwhile, following the controversy that trailed the first online CBT, Soludo ordered for its cancellation and directed that it should be repeated, with the state government bearing the cost incurred by the applicants

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More articles

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisement -

Latest article