At the 2020 Annual General Meeting of United Capital Plc held virtually on April 28, 2020, the Audited Financial Statement for the year ended December 31, 2019 was laid before the shareholders by the Chairman.
Subsequently, the following resolutions were considered and duly passed:
- A dividend payment of 50 kobo for every ordinary share of 50 kobo each to all shareholders whose names were registered in the Company’s Register of Members at the close of business on March 6, 2020.
- The re-election of the following retiring directors: (a) Mr. Chika Mordi; and (b) Mr. Adim Jibunoh, was approved.
- Following the retirement of Messrs. Deloitte and Touché, the appointment of Messrs. PricewaterhouseCoopers as the External Auditor of the Company was approved.
- The Directors were authorised to fix the remuneration of the new Auditor.
- The election of (a) Mr. Paul Olele; (b) Mr. Adio Alex; (c) Mrs. Faith George-Usman; (d) Mr. Emmanuel Nnorom; (e) Mr. Adim Jibunoh; and (f) Sir Stephen Nwadiuko, as members of the Statutory Audit Committee was approved.