The Federal Government has announced that it had issued licenses to 17 Independent Electricity Distribution Network operators, among which 11 are currently operational.
This was disclosed by the FG in the 2022 Market Competition Report by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission, an agency of the Federal Government.
The report reads in part, “The commission has also licensed 17 Independent Electricity Distribution Network operators of which 11 are operational.”
The 11 operators include:
1. Gateway Electricity Limited
2. Energy Company of Nigeria Plc
3. PIPP LVI Disco Limited
4. Bodituv Nigeria Limited
5. Uraga Power Distribution Company
6. Ariaria Independent Energy Distribution Network Ltd
7. Ladol Integrated Logistics Free Zone Enterprise
8. Babcock Consulting Limited
9. Constant Independent Electric Power Distribution Company Ltd
10. Alausa Distribution Limited
11. Notore Industrial City Limited.